September 22, 2012 marks the Autumn Equinox – the start of fall in the northern hemisphere. Or as I like to think of it, the best. season. ever. I might be a spring baby (in fact, my birthday, my husband’s birthday, and our wedding anniversary are within a ten day stretch in April – we think of it as the giant celebration of festivities)…but I live for fall.
Ten things I plan to do to soak in the fall:
- Swim at the quarry one more time (so long, summer!)
- Head home to Asheville, NC, and enjoy leaf season (the blue ridge mountains are always pretty, but fall is their crowning glory)
- Mull some cider
- Pick some apples
- Stock up on fall produce at the farmer’s market – corn. squash. greens. Bring it on!
- Go to the state fair! Ride the Ferris Wheel, and eat a deep fried candy bar (sometimes rules are made to be broken)
- Visit a corn maze (I love them) with my friend Adrienne
- Visit a pumpkin patch, and find the best pumpkin of all
- Carve said pumpkin (we have a pumpkin carving party every year, and it’s my. favorite. thing. ever.)
- Go backpacking. What better time of year to be outdoors?
What about you guys? Got any fun plans to celebrate the change of season?